John Day, MD, FACC|
Utah, Chapter President
ACC Governor, Utah
ACC Live Courses
For a listing of all ACC Live Courses please visit: https://www.acc.org/education-and-meetings/meetings
- Eagle's Eye View: Your Weekly CV Update From ACC.org (Week of Sept. 20)This week's View summarizes articles on empagliflozin improving CV outcomes irrespective of blood pressure, the efficacy of the COVID-19 vaccine at 6 months post-vaccination, and the protection of the COVID-19 booster dose in Israel.
- Major Bleeding During Extended Anticoagulation for Unprovoked VTEWhat is the incidence of major bleeding during extended anticoagulation of up to 5 years among patients with a first unprovoked venous thromboembolic event (VTE)?
- Atrial Fibrillation in Patients Hospitalized With COVID-19Is coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) associated with a higher incidence of atrial fibrillation/flutter (AF/Fl) than influenza?
- CV Testing Declined Across Asia During COVID-19 PandemicDiagnostic cardiovascular procedures declined an average of 47% in Asia in March 2020 compared to March 2019, with the greatest declines seen in low-income countries – some of which saw up to 80% declines, according to research published Sept. 21 in JACC: Asia looking at the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on cardiovascular care.
- International Study of Comparative Health Effectiveness With Medical and Invasive ApproachesThe goal of the ISCHEMIA trial was to evaluate routine invasive therapy compared with optimal medical therapy among patients with stable ischemic heart disease and moderate to severe myocardial ischemia on noninvasive stress testing.