John Day, MD, FACC|
Utah, Chapter President
ACC Governor, Utah
ACC Live Courses
For a listing of all ACC Live Courses please visit: https://www.acc.org/education-and-meetings/meetings
- NCDR Study Finds Disparities in AFib Treatment Among American Indian/Alaskan Native PatientsAmerican Indian/Alaskan Native (AI/AN) patients with atrial fibrillation (AFib) are less likely than non-AI/AN patients to receive oral anticoagulation (OAC) or rhythm control strategies, according to a study published May 25 in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
- Low Health Literacy Associated With More Hospitalizations, Mortality in HFPatients with heart failure (HF) who experience low health literacy are at an increased risk of hospitalization and mortality. This finding has significant clinical and public health implications and suggests that assessing and intervening on an individual's understanding of their own health could improve heart failure outcomes, according to a meta-analysis published May 25 in […]
- Study Validates ARC High Bleeding Risk Definition in PCI PatientsThe definition of high bleeding risk (HBR) that was recently proposed by the Academic Research Consortium (ARC) was found to be valid in a contemporary real-world group of patients who underwent PCI with stent implantation, according to a study published May 25 in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
- Guest Editorial | COVID in the U.S.: A Clear DichotomyThe experience of COVID-19 in the U.S. is a tale of two countries. National headlines have focused on health care systems overwhelmed by patients, exponential spread and high mortality in cities such as New York and New Orleans and in states like Michigan. But this has not been the experience of much of the U.S. […]
- Quick Reads | The Pulse of ACCTwo NCDR Registries Collecting COVID-19 Data; Understanding COVID-19 Impact on Health Care Workers; More.